Take the next step toward Perl mastery with advanced concepts that make coding easier, maintenance simpler, and execution faster. Mastering Perl isn't a collection of clever tricks, but a way of thinking about Perl programming for solving debugging, configuration, and many other real-world problems you’ll encounter as a working programmer.
The third in O’Reilly’s series of landmark Perl tutorials (after Learning Perl and Intermediate Perl), this fully upated edition pulls everything together and helps you bend Perl to your will.
- Explore advanced regular expressions features
- Avoid common problems when writing secure programs
- Profile and benchmark Perl programs to see where they need work
- Wrangle Perl code to make it more presentable and readable
- Understand how Perl keeps track of package variables
- Define subroutines on the fly
- Jury-rig modules to fix code without editing the original source
- Use bit operations and bit vectors to store large data efficiently
- Learn how to detect errors that Perl doesn’t report
- Dive into logging, data persistence, and the magic of tied variables
This book title, Mastering Perl (Creating Professional Programs with Perl), ISBN: 9781449393113, by brian d foy, published by O'Reilly Media (February 11, 2014) is available in paperback. Our minimum order quantity is 25 copies. All standard bulk book orders ship FREE in the continental USA and delivered in 4-10 business days.
Unlike Amazon and other retailers who may also offer Mastering Perl (Creating Professional Programs with Perl) books on their website, we specialize in large quantities and provide personal service, from trusted, experienced, friendly people in Portland, Oregon. We offer a Price Match Guarantee, and QuickQuote form, to make purchasing quick and easy.
Prefer to work with a human being when you order Mastering Perl (Creating Professional Programs with Perl) books in bulk? Our Book Specialists are standing by Monday-Friday 8-5 PST, ready to help!