Use Neuroscience to Raise an Awesome Person—Starting Now
Searching for a roadmap to raise a successful child who makes a positive difference in this world? Neuroscientist and mother Erin Clabough teaches that to thrive as adults, children need to learn self-regulation, a master life skill founded in empathy, creativity, and self-control. The lack of even one of these intertwined skills underlies nearly all of the parenting problems we face.
The good news is that you can build these strengths in children at any age, from infancy to adulthood. Here, using key insights from brain development research, you'll learn how.
With scientific depth and in clear language, Erin gets you up to date on the vast tide of emerging neuroscience discoveries and how they can help you parent better.
Practicing these skills requires a new mindset, but "second nature" parenting is low effort and high impact. It only takes a few minutes each day to nurture the skills your kids need, simply by using everyday situations that you're already facing in a different way.
A hands-on exploration of
• Empathy, creativity, and self-control—three key, interrelated skills that support your child's decision-making, emotional regulation, happiness, and independence
• Self-regulation—where the three key skills come together, giving your child the power to blaze a trail towards a personal goal while preserving healthy relationships
• A wealth of tools based on neuroscience principles—from quick "do anywhere" games to long-term strategies—for creating positive lifelong habits
• How to better understand and deal with tantrums, impulsivity, inattention, bickering, bullying, and other common challenges
• In-depth guidance on how to build motivation, enhance critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, create space for play and reflection, cultivate compassion, solve problems, and much more
This book title, Second Nature (How Parents Can Use Neuroscience to Help Kids Develop Empathy, Creativity, and Self-Control), ISBN: 9781683640790, by Erin Clabough, Ph.D., published by Sounds True (January 8, 2019) is available in paperback. Our minimum order quantity is 25 copies. All standard bulk book orders ship FREE in the continental USA and delivered in 4-10 business days. Expedited shipping is also available.
Unlike Amazon and other retailers who may also offer Second Nature (How Parents Can Use Neuroscience to Help Kids Develop Empathy, Creativity, and Self-Control) books on their website, we specialize in large quantities and provide personal service, from trusted, experienced, friendly people in Portland, Oregon. We offer a Price Match Guarantee, and QuickQuote form, to make purchasing quick and easy.
Prefer to work with a human being when you order Second Nature (How Parents Can Use Neuroscience to Help Kids Develop Empathy, Creativity, and Self-Control) books in bulk? Our Book Specialists are standing by Monday-Friday 8-5 PST, ready to help!